- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- single pass airflow design
- compact and easily transported through standard doorways and narrow corridors
- unique dual work opening access for double-sided operation
- large 14″ high work openings for rodent cages of various sizes
- stainless steel dished work surface with crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute animal protection
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
The Gelman mobile Vivacare Dual-Access Animal Transfer Stations provide personnel, animal and environment protection against airborne particulates, aerosols, gaseous contaminants and cross-contamination during cage changing and animal transfer operations. The transfer stations have large working access on both sides of the enclosure for use with one or more operators when changing the animal cages.
Ambient air is drawn in through an easily accessible prefilter on top of the transfer station to trap large particles.
The prefiltered air is introduced to the work area through a supply HEPA filter.
The HEPA-filtered vertical laminar flow air is projected over the entire work surface to provide a non-turbulence, ultra-clean environment and protect the animals from environmental and cross-contamination.
An effective air barrier between the operators and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into the full-width front grilles in the work openings, protects the operators from allergens.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air and passes through a second set of prefilter and an exhaust HEPA filter located below the work zone, so that particulate-free air is exhaustedback into the laboratory, protecting the environment.
An exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter removes odours and gaseous contaminants present in the exhaust air.