- airflow system with circulation to exhaust ratio of 30% : 70%
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window,closes completely
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- DYNA-FLO air barrier containment for maximum personnel & product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Bioguard Class II Type B1 Series Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets are designed to provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
The Bioguard Class II Type B1 Series cabinets may be used with biological agents treated with minute quantities of toxic chemicals and trace amounts of radionuclides if work is done in the direct exhaust rear section of the cabinet, or if the chemicals or radionuclides will not interfere with the work if recirculated in the downflow air.
The Bioguard Class II Type B1 Series cabinets maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by the inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with approximately 30% of the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone.
The recirculated air, composed largely of uncontaminated inflow air is HEPA-filtered to create a biological-clean work environment for product protection.
The remaining contaminated work area air of approximately 70% is exhausted to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration.
The Bioguard Class II Type B1 Series cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.