- unique dual-access opening for transfer of supplies between vivarium “clean” room & “dirty” barrier room
- large access openings of 12″
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass sashes,close completely
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- DYNA-FLO air barrier containment for maximum personnel & product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman VivaCare Class II Type A2 Inter-Room Pass-Thru Biological Safety Enclosures are designed to provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
The inter-room pass-thru biological safety enclosures are designed for installation through an opening in the wall between the receiving room and vivarium barrier room.
Each enclosure is sealed to the floor and walls using stainless steel wall mounting angles and panels with all gaps finished in durable air-tight sealant.
The enclosure serves as a pass-through for the transfer of mice, cages, food, medications, instruments and other supplies through the access openings without compromising the air cleanliness within the vivarium barrier room.
All necessary supplies for use in the vivarium are transferred from the receiving room to the barrier room via the work openings on both sides of the enclosure.
The enclosure provides working access from both sides for one or more users.
An effective air barrier between the users and the work zone, maintained by a minimum average inflow of room air at velocity of 100 fpm into the full-width front grille in the work opening on both sides of the enclosure, provides users and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air and passes through a prefilter located below the work zone.
The prefiltered air is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone. The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create an ultra-clean work environment for product protection.
The remaining prefiltered air is discharged to the laboratory or outside atmosphere via an exhaust HEPA filter.
The VivaCare Inter-Room Pass-Thru Biological Safety Enclosures have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm