- superior design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- spacious cage compartment of stainless steel construction
- adjustable stainless steel shelves
- dual-sided compartment available
- negative pressure containment enclosure for absolute personnel & environment protection
- exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter for superior performance and effective odours & gaseous contaminants removal
- compact and easily transported through standard doorways
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Infected animals pose significant risks for laboratory personnel and other laboratory animals. Applications involving the holding of infected animals create a need for controlled environments, where contaminants such as infected faeces, urine, fur, sawdust and aerosols are arrested and contained.
Gelman ACU Series Infected Animal Containment Systems have been developed to meet the needs of such applications and utilize a HEPA filter / fan system to extract air from cages which contain infected animals.
Gelman ACU Series systems are self-contained “100% exhaust” mobile enclosures which incorporate an animal cage compartment with 4-adjustable shelves and 2-hinged PVC transparent doors.
Ambient air is drawn into the cage compartment through small openings in the doors.
The inflow air is introduced across the full length of each cage in all compartments in a horizontal airflow pattern.
This constant inflow of air over the cages effectively creates a containment to ensure that aerosols released from the compartment are contained to protect laboratory personnel and other laboratory animals from the hazards of airborne infection.
The contaminanted air from the cage compartment is drawn in through an easily accessible prefilter to remove gross particulates of 5 micron and larger.
The prefiltered air is biologically-cleaned by a HEPA filter which removes all particulate and biological matters down to 0.3 micron.
An exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter is installed to remove odours and gaseous contaminants present before the air is discharged into the laboratory.