- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- single pass airflow design
- large 14″ high work openings for rodent cages of various sizes
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute animal protection
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
The Gelman mobile VivaCare Front-Access Animal Transfer Stations provide personnel, animal and environment protection against airborne particulates, aerosols, gaseous contaminants and cross-contamination during cage changing and animal transfer operations. The transfer stations have large working access to accommodate rodent cages of various sizes and allow greater operator movement and comfort during operation.
Ambient air is drawn in through an easily accessible prefilter on top of the transfer station to trap large particles.
The prefiltered air is introduced to the work area through a supply HEPA filter.
The HEPA-filtered vertical laminar flow air is projected over the entire work surface to provide a non-turbulence, ultra-clean environment and protect the animals from environmental and cross-contamination.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by the inflow of room air into the full-width front grille in the work opening, protects the operator from allergens.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air and passes through a second set of prefilter and an exhaust HEPA filter located below the work zone, so that particulate-free air is exhaustedback into the laboratory, protecting the environment.
An exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter removes odours and gaseous contaminants present in the exhaust air.