- unique primary containment HEPA filtration system for maximum personnel, product & environment protection
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth opening/closing pneumatically controlled viewing window
- large diameter glove ports ergonomically located for greater operator arms movement
- independent sterile entry & exit transfer chambers with HEPA filtration
- sliding chamber trays for easy access & transfer of product
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- delayed-automatic-off timer
- event timer
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone and transfer chamber for absolute product protection
- reliability-proven design & performance
Gelman IsoSeal-Plus Series Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolators with its unique primary containment HEPA filtration system are designed for compounding of highly volatile hazardous drugs or potent pharmaceutical compounds, chemotherapy agents and IV mixtures that can be harmful to pharmacy personnel and require both containment and aseptic manipulation.
Gelman IsoSeal-Plus Series Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolator with primary containment HEPA filtration system is an effective laboratory aid in providing total protection for
- all personnel and environment from any aerosols, particles or vapours which may be liberated in the preparation, manipulation and dispensing of highly volatile hazardous drugs.
- drug products so that they are prepared or dispensed in an environment free from particulates including biological matter.
- maintenance and testing personnel from exposure to the residue of drug products which may contaminate cabinet filters, mechanical components and other surfaces.
The IsoSeal-Plus Series Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolator with primary containment HEPA filtration system offers a contained, negative pressure work zone to prevent migration of hazardous contaminants to the environment.
Unidirectional HEPA-filtered airflow within the work zone minimizes cross-contamination.
An effective physical barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an air-tight viewing window provides personnel protection.
The work zone is maintained at a negative pressure to the room with the independent entry / exit transfer chambers pressure slightly more negative than the work area.
Operations in the isolator are carried out through rubber gloves attached to large diameter glove ports, ergonomically located for greater operator arms movement. The viewing window with the glove ports attached, is hinged along the top and may be fully opened for cleaning, loading and unloading of auxiliary equipment.
The independent entry / exit transfer chambers are equipped with external doors to the outside and inter-chamber vertical sliding doors to the work area. The inter-chamber doors allow operator to introduce or remove items from the work area while maintaining the internal aseptic conditions.
Ambient air is drawn in through an intake prefilter on top of the isolator and is introduced to the work area through a supply HEPA filter.
HEPA-filtered vertical airflow free from airborne contaminants is projected downwards over the work surface to create an ultra-clean work area for aseptic work and product protection.
HEPA-filtered entry / exit transfer chambers with prefilters provides sterile entry / exit of product from the work area.
The air from the transfer chamber blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is filtered by a primary containment HEPA filter located below the work area. The filter arrests all the particulates released within the work zone, thereby protecting fan, other internal components, maintenance technicians and the environment from contamination.
The filtered air is totally discharged to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after being treated by a final exhaust HEPA filter, without recirculation in the isolator or return to the laboratory.
An exhaust Terminal Fan Module can be installed when the building exhaust system is inadequate to overcome the static pressure of the isolator.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm