- unique primary containment HEPA filtration system for maximum personnel,product & environment protection
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth opening/closing pneumatically controlled viewing window
- large diameter glove ports ergonomically located for greater operator arms movement
- independent sterile entry & exit pass-through chambers with HEPA filtration
- sliding chamber trays for easy access & transfer of product
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Pharmaceutical Isolators are designed for compounding of highly volatile hazardous drugs or potent pharmaceutical compounds, chemotherapy agents and IV mixtures that can be harmful to pharmacy personnel and require both containment and aseptic manipulation.
Gelman Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Pharmaceutical Isolator is an effective laboratory aid in providing total protection for
- all personnel and environment from any aerosol, particles or vapours which may be liberated in the preparation, manipulation and dispensing of hazardous drugs.
- drug products so that they are prepared or dispensed in an environment free from particulates including biological matter.
- maintenance and testing personnel from exposure to the residue of drug products which may contaminate cabinet filters, mechanical components and other surfaces.
Gelman Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Pharmaceutical Isolator offers a contained, negative pressure work zone to prevent migration of hazardous contaminants to the environment. Unidirectional HEPA-filtered airflow within the work zone and transfer chambers minimizes cross-contamination across the work area.
An effective physical barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an air-tight viewing window provides personnel protection and prevents contaminants from the outside entering the work area.
The isolator work zone and transfer chambers are maintained at a negative pressure to the room with the work zone pressure slightly more negative than the transfer chambers.
Operations in the isolator are carried out through rubber gloves attached to large diameter glove ports, ergonomically located for greater operator arms movement. The viewing window with the glove ports attached, is hinged along the top and may be fully opened for cleaning, loading and unloading of pharmacy equipment.
The transfer chambers are equipped with external doors to the outside and inter-chamber doors to the work zone. The inter-chamber doors allow operators to introduce or remove items from the work zone while maintaining the internal aseptic conditions.
Ambient air is drawn in through an easily accessible intake prefilter on top of the cabinet and is introduced to the work area through a supply HEPA filter which comprises the top of the work zone.
HEPA-filtered vertical airflow free from airborne contaminants is projected downwards over the work surface to create an ultra-clean ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work area for aseptic work and product protection.
Independent H14 HEPA-filtered entry & exit transfer chambers with prefilters, fitted to the sides of the cabinet provide sterile entry/exit of product from the work area.
The air from the transfer chambers blend with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is filtered by a primary containment HEPA filter located below the work zone. The filter arrests all particulates released within the work zone, thereby protecting fan, other internal cabinet components, maintenance technicians and the environment from contamination.
The filtered air is totally discharged to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after being treated by a final exhaust HEPA filter, without recirculation in the cabinet or return to the laboratory.
An exhaust Terminal Fan Module can be installed when the building exhaust system is inadequate to overcome the static pressure of the cabinet.
The Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Pharmaceutical Isolators have all contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm