- unique primary containment HEPA filtration system for maximum personnel,product & environment protection
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth opening/closing pneumatically controlled viewing window
- large diameter glove ports ergonomically located for greater operator arms movement
- independent sterile entry & exit pass-through chambers with HEPA filtration
- sliding chamber trays for easy access & transfer of product
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter for superior performance and effective gaseous contaminants removal
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Recirculating) Pharmaceutical Isolators with its unique primary containment HEPA filtration system meet the needs of pharmacy applications involving compounding of hazardous or potent pharmaceutical compounds, cytotoxic drugs, chemotherapy agents and IV mixtures that require both containment and aseptic manipulation.
Gelman Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Recirculating) Pharmaceutical Isolator is an effective laboratory aid in providing total protection for
- all personnel and environment from any aerosol, particles or vapours which may be liberated in the preparation, manipulation and dispensing of hazardous drugs.
- drug products so that they are prepared or dispensed in an environment free from particulates including biological matter.
- maintenance and testing personnel from exposure to the residue of drug products which may contaminate cabinet filters, mechanical components and other surfaces.
The isolators may be used to provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
For applications involving highly volatile hazardous drugs, the Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Total Exhaust) Pharmaceutical Isolators should be considered.
The Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Recirculating) Pharmaceutical Isolator offers a contained, negative pressure work zone to prevent migration of hazardous contaminants to the environment. Unidirectional HEPA-filtered airflow within the work zone and transfer chambers minimizes cross-contamination across the work area.
An effective physical barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an air-tight viewing window provides personnel protection.
The isolator work zone and transfer chambers are maintained at a negative pressure to the room with the work zone pressure slightly more negative than the transfer chambers.
Operations in the isolator are carried out through rubber gloves attached to large diameter glove ports, ergonomically located for greater arms movement.
Independent C2 Type HEPA-filtered entry & exit transfer chambers with prefilters, fitted to each side of the isolator provide a continuous inflow of sterile air.
The air blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and passes through a primary containment HEPA filter located below the work zone. The filter arrests all particulates released within the work zone, thereby protecting fans, other internal cabinet components, maintenance technicians and the environment from contamination.
The filtered air is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone. The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create an ultra-clean work area for aseptic work and product protection.
The remaining filtered air is discharged to the laboratory or outside atmosphere via an exhaust HEPA filter and a molecular carbon filter for the removal of aerosols, vapours or any gaseous contaminants released within the work zone.
The Isoguard ISO Series Type 2 Negative Pressure (Recirculating) Pharmaceutical Isolators have all contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.