- cost-effective and versatile alternatives to the construction of dedicated rooms
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- provide Class 100 air cleanliness for any production area
- may be placed singly or in multiples to create vertical laminar flow rooms or enclosures
- may be easily and quickly assembled on site without the need for modifications to building construction
- Class 10 000 & Class 100 000 air cleanliness available
In the pharmaceutical and related chemical industries, operations such as manufacturing, tabletting, filling, grinding and sampling or where the processes involve oestrogenic or androgenic materials, antibiotics, toxic or other hazardous powders, it is essential that operators are protected from excessive exposure and that cross-contamination between products is minimized.
The Gelman PHU Series Laminar Flow Powder Handling Systems have been designed to satisfy the stringent demands of the above applications, providing three aspects of protection, viz :
- The product is protected from ambient contamination which, depending on products handled in the process area, can be toxic/ viable or non-toxic/ non-viable particulate matter.
- The operator(s) is protected from inhalation of hazardous pharmaceutical products such as antibiotics and hormones.
- The areas external to the containment enclosure are protected from cross contamination. Airborne particulates generated in the process operation are contained within the enclosure.
PHU Series systems are partially-recirculating laminar flow enclosures, modular in design and construction which can be installed, commissioned and tested in a new or existing process area. The systems are a cost-effective alternative to specially-designed “containment” rooms.
Operator protection is provided by a constant flow of air away from the operator into a three-stage air filtration system.
Product protection is provided by vertical laminar airflow from a HEPA filter system which forms the enclosure of the work area.
Protection of the external environment and the prevention of cross-contamination is provided by a continuous inward airflow of ambient air into the lower section of the enclosure, and by HEPA filtration of all exhaust air.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm