- unique primary containment HEPA filtration system for maximum personnel,product & environment protection
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window,closes completely
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter for superior performance and effective gaseous contaminants removal
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- DYNA-FLO air barrier containment for maximum personnel & product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Cytoguard CDC Series Laminar Flow Cytotoxic Drug Safety Cabinets with its unique primary containment HEPA filtration system meet the needs of pharmacy applications involving the handling of cytotoxic drugs and chemicals that require both containment and aseptic manipulation.
Gelman Cytoguard CDC Series cabinet is an effective laboratory aid in providing total protection for :
- all personnel and environment from any aerosol, particles or vapours which may be liberated in the preparation, manipulation and dispensing of cytotoxic drugs.
- drug products so that they are prepared or dispensed in an environment free from particulates including biological matters.
- maintenance and testing personnel from exposure to the residue of drug products which may contaminate cabinet filters, mechanical components and other surfaces.
The Cytoguard CDC Series cabinets maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and passes through a primary containment HEPA filter located below the work zone. The filter arrests all particulates released within the work zone, thereby protecting fans, other internal cabinet components, maintenance technicians and the environment from contamination.
The filtered air is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone. The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create an ultra-clean work environment for the preparation of drug products.
The remaining filtered air is discharged to the laboratory or outside atmosphere via an exhaust HEPA filter and a molecular carbon filter for the removal of aerosols, vapours or any gaseous contaminants released within the work zone.
The Cytoguard CDC Series cabinets have all contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm