- unique primary containment HEPA filtration system for maximum personnel,product & environment protection
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window,closes completely
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- DYNA-FLO air barrier containment for maximum personnel & product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Cytoguard CDC Series Laminar Flow Cytotoxic Drug Safety (Total Exhaust) Cabinets with its unique primary containment HEPA filtration system meet the needs of pharmacy applications involving the handling of cytotoxic drugs and chemicals that require both containment and aseptic manipulation.
The Cytoguard CDC Series Laminar Flow Cytotoxic Drug Safety (Total Exhaust) Cabinet is an effective laboratory aid in providing total protection for :
- all personnel and environment from any aerosol, particles or vapours which may be liberated in the preparation, manipulation and
dispensing of cytotoxic drugs.
- drug products so that they are prepared or dispensed in an environment free from particulates including biological matters.
- maintenance and testing personnel from exposure to the residue of drug products which may contaminate cabinet filters, mechanical components and other surfaces.
Ambient air is drawn in through an intake prefilter on top of the cabinet and is introduced to the work area through a supply HEPA filter which comprises the top of the work zone.
HEPA-filtered vertical airflow free from airborne contaminants is projected downwards over the work surface to create an ultra-clean work area for aseptic work and product protection.
The cabinet maintains a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by the inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump
beneath the work surface and passes through a primary containment HEPA filter located below the work zone. The filter arrests all particulates released within the work zone, thereby protecting fans, other internal cabinet components, maintenance technicians and the environment from contamination.
The filtered air is totally discharged to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after being treated by a final exhaust HEPA filter and a molecular carbon filter, without recirculation in the cabinet or return to the laboratory. The carbon filter removes aerosols, vapours or any gaseous contaminants released within the work zone.
An exhaust Terminal Fan Module can be installed when the building exhaust system is inadequate to overcome the static pressure of the cabinet.
The Cytoguard CDC Series Laminar Flow Cytotoxic Drug Safety (Total Exhaust) Cabinets have all contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm