- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth opening/closing pneumatically controlled viewing window
- spacious sterile entry/exit pass-through chambers with HEPA filtration
- sliding chamber trays for easy access & transfer of product
- large diameter glove ports ergonomically located for greater operator arms movement
- HEPA filter, 99.999% efficiency rated for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- reliability-proven design & performance
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman BioXtreme Class III Series Biological Safety Cabinets are gas-tight, total containment enclosures designed to provide the highest level of protection when handling hazardous microbiological agents that require Biosafety Level 3 or 4 containment and pharmaceutical potent compounds under contained conditions.
The BioXtreme Class III Series cabinet offers a contained, negative pressure work zone with a unidirectional HEPA-filtered airflow within the work zone and transfer chamber to prevent migration of hazardous contaminants to the environment and to minimize cross-contamination across the work area.
An effective physical barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an air-tight viewing window provides personnel protection.
The cabinet work zone and transfer chamber are maintained at a negative pressure to the room with the work zone pressure slightly more negative than the transfer chamber to ensure containment when moving materials into and out of the working area.
Operations in the cabinet are carried out through rubber gloves attached to large diameter glove ports, ergonomically located for greater arms movement.
Ambient air is drawn in through an easily accessible prefilter on top of the cabinet and is introduced under negative pressure to the work area through a supply HEPA filter which comprises the top of the work zone. HEPA-filtered vertical airflow free from airborne contaminants is projected downwards over the work surface to create a biological-clean work environment for aseptic work and product protection.
C2 Type HEPA-filtered transfer chamber with prefilter, fitted to the side of the cabinet provides sterile entry/exit of product from the work area.
The air from the transfer chamber blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is filtered by a primary exhaust HEPA filter located at the top of the cabinet. The exhaust HEPA-filtered air is totally discharged to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after being treated by a secondary building exhaust HEPA filtration system under negative pressure, without recirculation in the cabinet or return to the laboratory.
An exhaust Terminal HEPA filter module can be installed when the building exhaust HEPA filtration is not provided. A Terminal Fan/HEPA filter module is available when the building exhaust system is inadequate to overcome the static pressure of the cabinet and the building exhaust HEPA filter is not provided.
The BioXtreme Class III Series cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm