- unique Dual In-Line Exhaust HEPA / Fan systems
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth opening/closing pneumatically controlled viewing window
- spacious sterile entry & exit transfer chamber with HEPA filtration
- sliding chamber tray for easy access & transfer of product
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- delayed-automatic-off timer
- elapsed / event timer
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
Gelman BioXtreme Class III Biological Safety Cabinets with Dual In-Line Exhaust HEPA / Fan Series are gas-tight, total containment enclosures designed to provide the highest level of protection when handling hazardous microbiological agents that require Biosafety Level 3 or 4 containment and pharmaceutical potent compounds under contained conditions.
The BioXtreme Class III Dual In-Line Exhaust HEPA / Fan Systems cabinet offers a contained, total negative pressure work zone to prevent migration of hazardous contaminants to the environment. Unidirectional HEPA-filtered airflow within the work zone minimizes cross-contamination across the work area.
An effective physical barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an air-tight viewing window provides personnel protection.
The cabinet work zone is maintained at a negative pressure to the room with the work area pressure slightly more negative than the transfer chamber to ensure containment when moving materials into and out of the working area.
Operations in the cabinet are carried out through rubber gloves attached to large diameter glove ports, ergonomically located for greater operator arms movement.
Ambient air is drawn in through an easily accessible prefilter on top of the cabinet and is introduced under negative pressure to the work area through a supply HEPA filter which comprises the top of the work zone. HEPA-filtered vertical airflow free from airborne contaminants is projected downwards over the work surface to create a biological-clean work environment for aseptic work and product protection.
C2 Type HEPA-filtered transfer chamber with prefilter, fitted to the side of the cabinet provides sterile entry / exit of product from the work area.
The contaminated work area air is filtered by a primary exhaust HEPA filter located beneath the work surface of the cabinet. The filtered air is totally discharged to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after being treated by a secondary exhaust HEPA filter at the top of the cabinet without recirculation in the cabinet or return to the laboratory.
The BioXtreme Class III Dual In-Line Exhaust HEPA / Fan Systems cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm