- superior design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- total access to the spacious interior work area through the access doors
- automatic/selectable boost mode for increased containment
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- DYNA-FLO air barrier containment for maximum personnel & product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman BioSafe Class II Walk-In Laminar Flow Bio-Containment Enclosures are designed with an extended work area interiors to accommodate large laboratory equipment that require Class II performance.
The bio-containment enclosures provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
When ventilated to the outside atmosphere via a facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration, the enclosures are suitable for work with biological agents treated with minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and trace amounts of radionuclides that will not interfere with the work if recirculated in the downflow air.
The bio-containment enclosures are ideal for applications involving high-throughput robotic and automated systems, ultra-centrifuges, high-speed cell sorters, flow cytometers, aerosol generators, process equipment or instrumentation, liquid handling systems, electrospinning systems and other large laboratory equipment.
The BioSafe Class II Walk-In Bio-Containment Enclosures maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is partially recirculated back to the work area through supply HEPA filters on top of the work zone.
The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create a biological-clean work environment for product protection.
The remaining contaminated work area air is exhausted to the laboratory or outside atmosphere after HEPA filtration.
The BioSafe Class II Walk-In Bio-Containment Enclosures have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm