- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- glare-free stainless steel work zone construction with clear tempered glass side panels
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window, closes completely
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- DYNA-FLO air barrier containment for maximum personnel & product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Besaire BioPlus Class II Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinets provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
When ventilated to the outside atmosphere via a facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration, the cabinets are suitable for work with biological agents treated with minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and trace amounts of radionuclides that will not interfere with the work if recirculated in the downflow air.
Cabinets are available with nominal work zone width of 3ft, 4ft, 5ft or 6ft. A wide range of optional equipment enables cabinets to be configured to suit specific applications.
Gelman Besaire BioPlus Class II Type A2 cabinets maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone.
The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create a biological-clean work environment for product protection.
The remaining contaminated work area air is exhausted to the laboratory or outside atmosphere after HEPA filtration.
Gelman Besaire BioPlus Class II Type A2 cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The air flow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm