- superior egonomic design & styling
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- large work area depth from 657mm to 702mm available
- large work area height from 762mm to 1016mm available
- large maximum sash opening 533mm to 775mm
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window, closes completely
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- delayed-automatic-off timer
- elapsed / event timer
- automatic/selectable boost mode for increased containment
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
Gelman BioGuard-XLE Class II Type A2 Series Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets are designed with an extended work zone interiors and large maximum sash opening to accommodate large benchtop laboratory equipment, robotic and automated systems, ultra-centrifuges, liquid handling systems etc.
The cabinets provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
When ventilated to the outside atmosphere via a facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration, the cabinets are suitable for work with biological agents treated with minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and trace amounts of radionuclides that will not interfere with the work if recirculated in the downflow air.
The BioGuard-XLE Class II Type A2 Series cabinets maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is partially recirculated back to the workarea through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone.
The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create a biological-clean work environment for product protection.
The remaining contaminated work area air is exhausted to the laboratory or outside atmosphere after HEPA filtration.
The BioGuard Class II Type A2 Series cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm