- unique primary containment HEPA filtration system for maximum personnel,product & environment protection
- superior ergonomic design & styling
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window,closes completely
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- delayed-automatic-off timer
- elapsed / event timer
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
Gelman BioGuard BH-Plus Series Class II Type A2 Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets with its unique primary containment HEPA filtration system are designed to provide maximum degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
When ventilated to the outside atmosphere via a facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration, the cabinets are suitable for work with biological agents treated with minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and trace amounts of radionuclides that will not interfere with the work if recirculated in the downflow air.
Gelman BioGuard BH-Plus Class II Type A2 Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinet :
- Provides improved protection for personnel, product and environment in the event of a filter leak in the final HEPA filters since only HEPA-filtered air is recirculated within the cabinet and exhausted via the exhaust HEPA filter into the laboratory.
- Extends the service life of the fans, internal components and final HEPA filters, thus minimizing equipment downtime and cost.
The BioGuard BH-Plus Series Class II Type A2 cabinets maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air and passes through a prefilter and primary containment HEPA filter located below the work zone. The filters arrest particulate and biological contaminants released within the work zone, thereby protecting fans and other internal cabinet components.
The filtered air is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone. The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create a biological-clean work environment for absolute product protection.
The remaining filtered air is discharged to the laboratory or outside atmosphere via an exhaust HEPA filter.
The BioGuard BH-Plus Class II Type A2 Series cabinets have all contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm