- superior ergonomic design & styling
- airflow system with circulation to exhaust ratio of 30% : 70%
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window, closes completely
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- delayed-automatic-off timer
- elapsed / event timer
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
Gelman BioGuard Class II Type B1 Series Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets are designed to provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
The BioGuard Class II Type B1 Series cabinets are used in applications where greater amounts of volatiles are used than are commonly allowed by a canopy connected Class Type A2 biological safety cabinet. Critical work is done in the direct exhaust rear section of the cabinet.
The BioGuard Class II Type B1 Series cabinets maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with approximately 30% of the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone.
The recirculated air, composed largely of uncontaminated inflow air is HEPA-filtered to create a biological-clean work environment for product protection.
The remaining contaminated work area air of approximately 70% is exhausted to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration.
An Exhaust Terminal Fan Module can be installed when the building exhaust system is inadequate to overcome the static pressure of the cabinet.
The BioGuard Class II Type B1 Series cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm