- superior ergonomic design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- advanced system-monitoring & controls
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window, closes completely
- automatic/selectable boost mode for increased containment
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Bioguard Class I Series Biological Safety Cabinets are designed to provide a high degree of personnel and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment. When operated at a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening and hard-ducted to a facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration, the cabinets are suitable for work with biological agents treated with minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and trace amount of radionuclides.
The Bioguard Class I Series cabinets maintain an average inflow velocity of 75-100 fpm through the work access opening. An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into a full-width work access opening provides personnel and environment protection. The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air and is directed through an easily accessible prefilter on top of the work zone to trap large particles. The contaminated work area air is totally exhausted to the laboratory or outside atmosphere after HEPA filtration. The Gelman ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that the cabinets are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm