- superior design & styling
- airflow system with circulation to exhaust ratio of 0% : 100%
- negative pressure double-wall housing for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass window, closes completely
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- delayed-automatic-off timer
- elapsed / event timer
- ISO Class 5 (Class 100) air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
Gelman BioClassic Class II Type B2 (Total Exhaust) Series Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets are 100% Total Exhaust cabinets designed to provide a high degree of personnel, environment and product protection in applications involving low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
The cabinets may be used for work with biological agents that have been treated with toxic chemicals and radionuclides required as an adjunct to microbiological studies.
The BioClassic Class II Type B2 Series cabinets maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access opening.
An effective air barrier between the operator and the work zone, maintained by the inflow of room air into a full-width front grille in the work opening provides personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air in a sump beneath the work surface and is totally exhausted to the outside atmosphere via a dedicated facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration, without recirculation in the cabinet or return to the laboratory.
Ambient air is drawn in through a prefilter on top of the cabinet and is introduced to the work area through a supply HEPA filter that creates a biological-clean work environment for product protection.
The BioClassic Class II Type B2 Series cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.
Microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm