- superior design & styling
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- spacious cage compartment of stainless steel construction
- adjustable stainless steel shelves
- dual-sided compartment available
- Class 100 air cleanliness for absolute product protection
- exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter for superior performance and effective odours & gaseous contaminants removal
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- compact and easily transported through standard doorways
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
There is ample evidence that airborne microbial contamination is a significant factor in the incidence of infection in laboratory animal colonies. It has been found that turbulent contaminated air in the animal holding environment is a major cause of infection.
The feeding and holding of Specific Pathogen Free animals demands an environment which is free from contamination in the form of bacteria, viruses and parasites. Immuno-suppressed animals such as nude mice must be kept in ultra-clean conditions.
Gelman SPF Series Class 100 Animal Holding Systems have been developed to meet the needs of such applications and utilise laminar flow principles to create an ultra-clean environment. Gelman SPF Series systems provide an extremely cost-effective alternative to the construction of a dedicated room.
Gelman SPF Series systems are self-contained, mobile laminar flow enclosures which incorporate an animal cage compartment with 4-adjustable shelves and 2-hinged PVC transparent doors.
Ambient air is drawn in through an easily accessible primary prefilter on top of the enclosure to remove gross particulates of 5 micron and larger.
The prefiltered air is biologically-cleaned by a HEPA filter which removes all particulate and biological matters down to 0.3 micron.
The HEPA-filtered air is introduced across the full length of each cage in all compartments in a horizontal air flow pattern.
The ultra-clean airflow which “bathes” the animals greatly reduces the concentration of airborne contaminants. Additionally the constant displacement of air from the cage compartment prevents the re-entry of ambient contamination.
A secondary prefilter and an exclusive HMZD molecular carbon filter are installed to remove airborne particulates as well as odours and gaseous contaminants present in the exhaust air, preventing their escape into the laboratory.
An optional air heating system with thermostatic control can be installed to regulate the air temperature within the cage compartment.