- unique dual work opening access for double-sided operation
- microprocessor-controlled diagnostic system with digital display & audible alarm
- negative pressure double-wall housings for containment
- all stainless steel work zone construction with radiused & crevice-free corners
- spacious work zone interior
- smooth & effortless sliding tempered glass windows,close completely
- Class 100 air cleanliness work zone for absolute product protection
- UNI-FLO LAF system for improved performance & cost savings
- DYNA-FLO air barrier containment for maximum personnel & product protection
- ZERO-LEAK airflow system for enhanced safety
- reliability-proven design & performance
- ultra-quiet,low vibration operation
- low maintenance & operating costs
Gelman Dual-Access Class II Type A2 Series Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets with its unique Dual-Access work openings are designed to provide a high degree of personnel, product and environment protection for work with low to moderate risk biological agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment.
When ventilated to the outside atmosphere via a facility exhaust system after HEPA filtration, the cabinets are suitable for work with biological agents treated with minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and trace amounts of radionuclides that will not interfere with the work if recirculated in the downflow air.
The Dual-Access Class II Type A2 Series cabinets provide working access from both sides of the cabinets for one or more users and maintain a minimum average inflow velocity of 100 fpm through the work access openings.
An effective air barrier between the operators and the work zone, maintained by an inflow of room air into the full-width front grilles in the work openings provide personnel and environment protection.
The barrier air blends with the contaminated work area air and passes through a prefilter located below the work zone.
The prefiltered air is partially recirculated back to the work area through a supply HEPA filter on top of the work zone. The recirculated air is HEPA-filtered to create an ultra-clean work environment for product protection.
The remaining prefiltered air is discharged to the laboratory or outside atmosphere via an exhaust HEPA filter.
The Dual-Access Class II Type A2 Series cabinets have all biologically contaminated ducts and plenums under negative pressure.
The GELMAN ZERO-LEAK airflow system ensures that all positive pressure zones are surrounded by negative pressure zones to contain potentially-hazardous aerosols.